A Little Pony and Rainbow Party

By michelleho - August 27, 2013

So, couple of Saturdays ago the Little Pony and Rainbow party was over and done with! The venue was sizable and all the stuff I did seemed inadequate for the space.

So, what was done for the party.

Did three different kind of favours (was experimenting and got a little carried away)...


Gummy Sweet Jars

Cutting out the sticker labels.


Sticking labels on bottles.


Got the bottles from GM Klang. Buying it in bulk (one tray of 30 pieces) only costed RM1 per bottle. Pretty ok buy. Gummy candies - since I've started work in KL I've found many cool spots for my party stuff and supplies and gummy candies was just one of it (oh, and also the chocolate bars). All for a bargain price.


Did the labels for front of the jars as well.


Chocolate Rainbow Bars


Inspired by Pinterest-hopping. Designed the chocolate wrapper bars on my favourite design software and printed it out on my new fancy Fuji Xerox laser colour printer I recently purchased. One of the best investment I've made.


The chocolate wrappers with expiry date and type of chocolate (since I removed the original wrapper).

I was a bit anal (just in case someone is allergic to nuts) so I added the type of chocolate bar and expiry date on the wrapper (didn't want any food poisoning from consuming expired chocolates). Would have gotten a wee bit more anal by adding on the ingredient as well but I thought that would be going just a tad too far...

So here it is... 30 sets of personalised chocolate favours done.



Grab A Lolly!


Saw this on Pinterest some time back so I thought I would give it a try. It worked! Photo was printed on my Canon Selphy photo printer (one of my many treasured birthday gifts received). Lolly was Chupa-Chups wrapped in patterned origami paper and photo was taken by one of the boys.


Labels for Party Favour Goody Bags

Was bored for a bit so did this rather quickly. Labels with punched out floral shapes as a good-bag sealer. Planning to use the normal brown paper lunch bags for party guests to put in the favours to go.

Printed in circles. Punched out floral.


And as for the decors...


Rainbow-Cloud Wands

Also inspired by Pinterest. I used the balloon sticks for this. Wrapped the sticks with patterned washi tapes. Cut out the clouds on stock (thick) paper and then sandwiched the satin ribbons and the stick together. Also sewn the ribbons so that it does not fall off from the 'cloud' - plus I wanted to arrange the ribbons according to the rainbow colour arrangement (oh yes, I am THAT anal). Got the "milk bottle" vase from IKEA for less than RM5 each. Wanted to get coloured pebble stones as the bottle's base decor but when walking around GM Klang during on of the party shopping run, found the stringed colour beads which was way cheaper. So, ended up with seven bottles filled with seven rainbow colour coordinated string beads. Put a bit of washi tape around the bottle to add more of a 'dash' of colour.





Paper Plate Rainbow Cloud

For this, I used plain white paper plates, and rainbow coloured plastic ribbons (about 2 inches wide). Was figuring out how to 'connect' the paper plates together to form a large 'cloud' when I remembered I had these plain stationery brads that I can use to 'pin' the plates together. And so...



And so, how did the party go?

Arranged all the favours on a long table. Instead of using a table cloth, just used the thick coloured ribbons and arranged them in the rainbow colour arrangement doubling up as a 'rainbow table runner' for the setup.









In many of my parties, I've always loved using my Fuji Instax camera for those quick polaroid moments. The best part, it's so DIY-able that it's a no brainer to simply prep an empty album, lay some washi tapes, celebration stickers, etc so that guests can snap a photo of themselves, stick it into the album, decorate their page with whatever's there, and write on some wishes for the birthday gals.



And now, for one of the best bit, the Little Pony and rainbow themed cakes, and cupcakes!


Got the ponies from Toys 'R Us and cake and cupcakes were ordered from an old uni mate of mine who also dabbles into cake art, part time. Aren't they gorgeous? See more of her cakes here.


Coz the 'organisers' booked an entire venue, it was actually too big for the meagre decor I did earlier. So in one of my party shopping, I had some insight to get coloured balloons. Lucky I did! Helped 'fill' up the place a bit more!




So, that's about all on the Rainbow Party report. Till the next party or craft-attack!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Qwerks

  1. You got a head full of marvelous ideas!! This wl be great as another source of income =)

    ReplyDelete

Qwerk me some Qwerkee Qwerk-ness!